Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Priest vs. Vampire

This the priest vs. vampire comic I mentioned on Facebook a few weeks ago.  It's not great, but I'm happy with it.  The idea behind it is a rethinking of vampire lore through the lens of biblical/sacramental theology and then posing a priest as a vampire hunter who can only defeat them via sacraments (no stakes, etc.).  If there were to more than this one (who knows?) I would try to end the first several with a sacraments joke or something similar.  You know, seminary humor.  

Scott Bowles and I collaborated on the original concept as well as brainstormed different possible plots for the strip.  I did the drawing, inking and digital editing (using my cheap printer to scan and Microsoft paint to edit--nothing but the best for this project).

Click on the image below to see the whole comic.


No comments: