Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Chasing God and the Moon"

"This... is about me pursuing God and running after His heart wherever He leads me, and that is something that I hope to be doing for the rest of my life. It’s not something I can check off a list whenever I get off the plane. It’s a pursuit that goes beyond my location or circumstances... God can be found wherever we are at any time; we don’t have to go all the way around the world to find Him. I actually think that I have spent far too much of my life 'waiting for the moment' rather than fully giving myself to the chase. And I think those moments that I wait for end [up] being a disappointment if I haven’t been engaged in the journey and the process of getting there, and if I choose not to remain engaged once the moment has passed.

Right now our plane is literally chasing the moon, and we seem to be catching up. We flew right through our daylight hours and we’re about to cross over into night again. For now, I am chasing God and the moon right into India, and I pray that I will not at any moment find myself waiting to Live."

~ S.D. Zielstorff

No comments: